AMO is proud to announce our 2013 Jubilus Festival High School Outreach. Ensemble-in-Residence The Post-Haste Reed Duo (GHS alumnus Javier Rodriguez on bassoon & Sean Fredenburg on saxophones) will be offering a free alto saxophone/bassoon clinic & chamber music workshop on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at Gainesville High School. Please download attached 2013 PHRD Workshop Schedule for more information.
The Post-Haste Reed Duo (“Pushing the boundaries of the chamber repertoire in a unique musical landscape”) has performed all over the U.S., including recently at the prestigious National Conference for the Asscoiation for Technology in Music Instruction (ATMI) in conjunction with College Music Society (CMS) and National Conference National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). For the 2013 Jubilus Festival, the PHRD will perform a special recital at the Harn Museum on January 29th. They will also participate in concerts at UF’s Baughman Center on February 5th and the 10th-Anniversary Finale Concert at Holy Faith Church on February 9th.
The PHRD will provide a free Alto Saxophone/Bassoon Clinic & Chamber Music Workshop on Saturday, January 26 at Gainesville High School. This workshop is free. Parents and teachers are welcome to observe. Due to time and space limitations, a maximum of ten saxophone/bassoon student duos will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis–so send your registration in ASAP.
Download the 2013 PHRD Workshop Registration Form right here!
After the workshop, one student duo will be selected to perform a prearranged Bach Invention (which will have been the focus of the workshop) at the 2013 Jubilus Festival Finale Concert on February 9th. The selected duo will be announced at the Post-Haste Reed Duo Jubilus concert on January 29th.
Rules & Notes for Participation:
- Participants must be high school (public, private, or home-schooled) bassoonists or saxophonists from North Central Florida during the 2013 spring semester.
- Participants under 18 years of age must have permission from their parents/guardians to take part in the workshop and (if chosen) the concert.
- Participants must be available to attend and perform at the February 9th Jubilus concert.
- The deadline for submission is January 15th. We must have received completed student applications via email or US Post by that date.
- Participants and their parents/guardians must be willing to permit photography, videotaping, and/or recording of workshop activities and performance.
- AMO will provide a simple pizza & salad lunch at the workshop. If any participants have special dietary needs or limitations, they should bring their own lunch.