Please join us Sunday, November 11th at Holy Faith Church (747 NW 43rd Street) for our
We will start at 2pm with an elegant reception and silent auction, with music provided by Gosia & Ali. (Look below for a list of some of our exciting auction items.)
Then at 3pm, our concert, “Music of (Mostly) the Americas,” begins. The program will include African-American Spirituals and pieces by both U.S. and Latin-American composers: Juan Gutierrez Padilla, William Grant Still, Trevor Wye, C. J. Johnson, Ernani Aguiar, and Gainesville’s Paul Basler & Nansi Carroll. Participating local musicians include flutist Christine Alicot, oboist John Netardus, horn-player Hannah Mills, soprano Deili Rangel, & Nansi Carroll’s VOICES Choir.
An original painting by Gainesville artist Margaret Tolbert as well as an autographed copy of her new book, Aquiferious.
- Autographed copies of local author Ellis Amburn‘s celebrity biographies: The Most Beautiful Woman in the World: The Obsessions, Passions, and Courage of Elizabeth Taylor; The Sexiest Man Alive : A Biography of Warren Beatty; and Jack: The Great Seducer – The Life and Many Loves of Jack Nicholson .
- A UF Gator Women’s Volleyball autographed by Mary Wise.
Original paintings by local artist Sam Saxon.
- Gainesville native Megan Brew has traditionally dabbled in water color and pen and ink work. She discovered the stress-relieving qualities of ‘painting’ with ripped paper last year and has been collaging, using recycled materials, ever since. She lives with her young son in Mount Dora, FL. She says of this piece: “It is 100% recycled materials (salvaged plywood and old magazine and calendars). I used renditions of Hildegard’s own visions to inspire the composition. This form of collage is similar to ‘painting with paper’ as the color and tone from scraps is used to give shape to the final piece.”
- An autographed copy of local author Cynthia Barnett‘s Blue Revolution. Click HERE to read the reviews of this important research that calls for a “new water ethic.”
- A stay at the beautiful and historic Laurel Oaks Inn.
- Hippodrome Theatre mainstage and cinema tickets.
- A six-month, all-access pass to AdvancedPokerTraining.com. See their YouTube ad HERE.
- Flute lessons by Gainesville Chamber Orchestra‘s Principal Flutist and long-time Jubilus musican and supporter Christine Alicot.
- An original musical composition written to your specifications by Jubilus Artistic Director Nansi Carroll.
- A beautiful print of Mother Theresa by artist Parker, in pastels in a photographic style. Originally commissioned by Andrew John of “The Art of Spiritual Awakening.”
- A “For Staying In; For Going Out; For Taking Care of Your Skin” Women’s Mary Kay Basket, by Lynn Jernigan, Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. Contents: For Staying In – Lotus & Bamboo Shower Scrub; Body Lotion and Scrubbie. For Going Out – Lash Lengthening Black Mascara; Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover; Red Crème Lip Color; Poised Pink Bold Shine Lip Color; Red Faux Leather Clutch. For Taking Care of Your Skin – Facial Cleansing Cloths; Moisturizer with SPF 30; Honeysuckle Body Spray. Comes with a complimentary facial and customized makeover.
- AMary Kay “Grooming Essentials for Him” Men’s Basket, by Lynn Jernigan, Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. Contents: Men’s Facial Bar; Men’s Moisturizer with SPF 25; Mint Bliss Energizing Lotion for Feet & Legs; Domain Cologne; Domain Body & Hair Shampoo; Domain After Shave Balm; Samples of High Intensity & Velocity Men’s Colognes.
- A gift bag by Cloud 9 Spa of Gainesville.
- A silver-plated Amati AFH 201 Flugelhorn (including two mouthpieces, a lockable case, two Advanced Method books, a fingering chart, a K & M flugelhorn stand, and Denis Wick practice mute). Cleaned and sterilized, inspected and appraised by Gainesville’s friendliest all-around music store, Great Southern Music.
- A gift certificate to Gainesville’s own Citizen’s Co-op.
- A gift certificate from Lowe’s.
- A gift certificate for a cleaning by local student-run businesss Student Maid.
Framed prints by famed local photographer John Moran.
- A lovely gift basket from the historic Grady House Bed & Breakfast in High Springs, FL.
- A gift certificate from Gainesville’s local music store, Lipham Music.
- Voice lessons by renowned voice instructor Jim Dix.
- A massage by Dawn Bone, CMT, LMT, a state licensed and nationally certified massage therapist.
- A signed, limited edition Manatee print by Jim Wilson.
- A one-hour private music lesson with Hannah Mills: French horn (any level), Voice (beginning to intermediate), or Piano (beginning).
- A 45-Minute “Extreme Couponing” Lesson by local expert Hannah Mills.
- An Early American Patterned Glass “Pressed Pattern Compote Bowl” with Hobstar Pinwheels & Sawtooth Edges. Donated by Gladys Sands.
- THE VERY LAST Vintage, First-Edition JUBILUS FESTIVAL BLACK TEE-SHIRT (Size Large)
- A Burnt-Orange Metrostyle Woman’s Leather Jacket (Size 16)
- A Pilgrim Halskette (Denmark) Crystal Necklace
- A Mikimoto (Japan) Letter Opener with Pearl Dangle
- A Statuette Set of The Seven Lucky Gods (Shichifukujin) of Japan
- “Downtown Date Night” Gift Package, including two Hippodrome Theatre Mainstage Tickets & a $30 Giftcard for Harry’s
- Three 3/4-hour guitar lessons with Cristina Logan, Director of Music at Holy Faith Church, Gainesville.
- Exquisite Burgundy/Oxblood Chinese
“Jingdezhenpinfang” Dripping Glazed Vase
(Top View)(Bottom View)
- Matching Pearl-Ribbon Necklace & Bracelet Set
- Pandora bracelet with “H” Charm
- Walker Metalsmiths‘ Celtic “Helen’s Brooch” in Sterling Silver
- Gainesville Catholic Worker’s ART FOR ALL Project: Necklace (“GCW members, volunteers, guests and friends from the street, under the direction of local artists and crafters, create a variety of beautiful and unique artwork and crafts this spring. Part art therapy, part cottage industry, part celebration of creativity and community–the process and results have been enjoyed by everyone involved. The creations are eclectic and employ skill, attention and creativity to transform used, everyday items into something beautiful and useful. All proceeds go to support the Gainesville Catholic Worker and participating artists.”)
- Gainesville Catholic Worker’s ART FOR ALL Project: Inspirational Plaque